The Laurelwood Board of Directors meetings are held on the 1st Thursday every other month. Meetings are at 6:00PM inside the Bayside Lakes Community Center.
Board of Directors
President: Paul Zima email@example.com
Vice President: Dave Weber firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Lisa Veta email@example.com
Secretary: John Fazekas firstname.lastname@example.org
Board Member: Carl Doughty email@example.com
View or download the documents listed below. If you don't find the document you're looking for, please request it with the contact form at the bottom of this page.
where are you located?
we are located at:
will i be playing with other people, or just my group?
all of our multi-person experiences are tailored to you and your group. you decide who to bring & who to experience these virtual worlds together with!
what about covid? how will noobs stay safe?
covid has definitely thrown our lives a curveball and caused most industries to pause and reflect on how they are maintaining sanitation and cleanliness. here is a quick rundown of what we do to make sure we are staying clean for all of our guests:
1) all of our virtual reality headsets have been fitted with silicone and/or vinyl contact surfaces (no fabric), which allow us to fully disinfect and sanitize in between users. single-use disposable vr mask covers are also available by request.
2) we book 1 party at a time for each session and we keep a buffer time for full equipment/space sanitation in between sessions.
3) we use clorox wipes, which has one of the shortest kill time recorded for covid-19 (as well as some other pathogens!) see the EPA's website for more information: https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus/about-list-n-disinfectants-coronavirus-covid-19-0
4) handwashing stations and hand sanitizer will be available at all times. please help keep noobs clean by using them before and after playing, eating, or you know... using the potty!
5) all of the noobs 12 years old and up have been vaccinated against covid-19. (it's not required that we are, but we are a family owned and operated place, so we... just are! :-)
6) since california has fully opened the economy, as of june 15th, 2021 - we no longer require masks at noobs. but if you feel more comfortable wearing one - do so! we will also put on a mask if you ask us to. (this is subject to change as we will follow all local, state and federal mandates that may change in the future - thank you for understanding and helping keep the immuno-compromised at lower risk)
7) if you have any concerns or need special accommodations, please let us know at "firstname.lastname@example.org"
how old do i need to be to play?
all of our experiences are recommended for ages 13 and up. for public games, all players must be 13 years or older. for private games, we will allow some parental discretion for 8 and up. we're sorry, no VR players under 8 at this time.
will i get motion sickness?
for our group games - most likely not. you are physically walking around instead of using buttons to 'move' in the game. what you see on screen matches up with how you are moving your head & body, so your brain is more likely to be fooled than with traditional VR. every person is different, so pay attention to how you are feeling & know that you can stop at any time.
do i have to sign a waiver?
there are some inherent risks associated with this activity and we require all adult participants to sign a waiver before participating. a parent or legal guardian must sign a waiver for any participant under 18. (waivers can be signed and submitted digitally prior to the event)
why does noobs distrust capital letters so much?
well... we noticed that computer interfaces all over the planet seem to be always wanting to capitalize the first letter of sentences and certain labels and "proper" nouns... this is obviously the first step of robots taking over the world, by making us conform to the diabolical scheme of differentiating upper and lower cases... some companies fight the machine by using all caps, but that just seems too angry.
where can i find terms, conditions, privacy policies & other legal stuff?
are the experiences at noobs wheelchair accessible?
for our single player experiences, absolutely!
what if i have a health concern?
noobs cannot give personal medical advice, so please discuss our activities with your doctor if you have concerns. in general, participation is NOT advised for people that are pregnant, elderly, under the age of 13, have implanted medical devices or pre-existing medical conditions such as heart conditions, abnormal blood pressure, photosensitivity, epilepsy, and/or any physical or psychological abnormalities and/or disorders.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much are my assessments?
For 2021, the assessments are $700.00 paid annually in January. Assessments are due by January 31st.
How can I pay my assessments?
Assessments can be mailed to PO Box 531232, Atlanta, GA 30353 or paid online here.
How can I check my current balance?
Please email us at email@example.com for all questions you have regarding accounting.